Eagle Virtual Paperwork
Good morning everyone! So this Monday will be our Virtual Paperwork turn in for paperwork. Below is what you will need.
Ready to turn in your proposal? Here is what you need
• Eagle Project Workbook. Most Project Workbooks are completed using the on-line fillable PDF found here https://www.scouting.org/programs/scouts-bsa/advancement-and-awards/eagle-scout-workbook/. The Eagle Scout Workbook is an Adobe PDF file which you may either type in or print out and hand write your work. The choice is yours, however, if your work is handwritten it must be legible. Please have all required signatures, except for the district/ council representative, for your proposal.
*All contact information in the front part of the workbook should be filled in, if your unsure what who the contact is ask your unit leaders or the District Advancement Chair
Finished your project and ready to turn in your application? Here is what you need
• Confidential Appraisal Letters (http://www.ocbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Confidential- Appraisal-of-Candidate-02-23-18_FILLABLE.pdf). Scouts must make a good faith effort to have these completed. They should mail them to their references listed on their application along with a stamped, pre-addressed envelope that the reference can then send to the Eagle Advisor.
• Statement of Ambitions and Life purpose
• Your completed Eagle Project Workbook. Most Project Workbooks are completed using the on-line fillable PDF found here https://www.scouting.org/programs/scouts-bsa/advancement-and-awards/eagle-scout-workbook/. If the project workbook was completed manually, you may either retype the workbook entries into the PDF (not recommended) or scan the Workbook.
• Advancement Record – A council provided list of the Scout’s Advancement record should be provided with the application. If a Council provided list is not available, a unit list may be substituted but the Scout must be aware that a delay could happen if the records maintained by the unit and Council don’t match. Scoutbook has a great feature to print a report of a scouts advancement record
• Eagle Application (https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/512-728_WB_fillable.pdf) – Scouts will need to scan and send their Application to their Eagle Advisor. If the application is not yet signed by the SM or CC, we suggest the Scout first sign the application, then:
o Scan it and send it to the SM, get the SM signature and have the SM scan and resend back to the Scout,
o Send the new application to the CC for their signature.
o A reverse sequence is fine (CC first then SM). When completed a third scan (with all signatures will be sent to the Eagle Advisor for review by Council.) Digital Signatures are also acceptable
*Pro Tip- Scoutbook can actually fill out your Eagle application digitally for you!
• Scout handbook Eagle Rank page – a scanned PDF version is preferable. If the handbook is not yet signed by the SM, please follow the same process as above for the Eagle Application.
For more information in the process visit out Eagle Process tab on the district webpage by clicking the following link https://goldenwest.ocbsa.org/eagle-scout-process/ . If you have any questions please reach out to me. Those wishing for the Zoom link on Monday’s please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to follow all YPT guidelines. At this time all paperwork and boards will be done virtually. There will be no in person paperwork turn ins nor in person Boards.
Yours in Scouting,
Edward A. Sheely
Golden West District